What should I know about Photoelectric Fire Alarms?
Photoelectric smoke alarms, also known as optical or photo-optical, detect visible particles of combustion.
They respond to a wide range of fires, but are particularly responsive to smouldering fires and the dense smoke given off by foam-filled furnishings or overheated PVC wiring.
- Good for smouldering fire and dense smoke
- Not as prone to cooking nuisance alarms
- Contain no radioactive material
- Suitable for general use.
Your protection against fire increases with the quality and type of smoke alarm that is installed. Research indicates that photoelectric smoke alarms are generally more effective across a wider range of fires experienced in homes.
Where is it recommended to install fire alarms and sensors?
- on each storey in a home
- in each bedroom
- in hallways that connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling
- if there is no hallway, between the bedroom and other parts of the storey; and
- if there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
What is the product warranty?
All of our products carry a lifetime warranty. If at any point should you have a problem with any device just remove it and send it to us and we will replace it at NO CHARGE to you.